Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Remembering.

From the Christian tradition, this song "You are for me" has been very healing for me.  What it has helped heal are all the ways I have been taught that God is against me/us.

Because I am human.
Because I am gay.
Because I have failed in so many ways.
Because I am afraid.
Because I will never be perfect.

Today, that is complete.  That chapter is done.  Today, I have total confidence that all that what we call God, is simply and completely Love... and that I am made up of that Love.  I am worthy of Love.  I am worthy to be Love.

Sometimes, I forget that chapter is closed and a new one has been written.  That is why I practice my spirituality.  It is why I sink into music.  It is why I read spiritual teachers.  It is why I write.  It is why I participate in faith communities like MCC Austin, Unity Church of the Hills in Austin, and All God's Children Metropolitan Community Church here in Minneapolis.  I know that what I find in moments of spiritual presence is vital to me.  I know that I'm likely to not be able to simply stay in that presence all the time just because I want to.... that it will take some structure of some kind.  And that is why I practice.  I am remembering who I am and that the I AM remembers me.


No comments:

Post a Comment